Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Good Place to Live / A Good Place to Leave



So I am back from Thanksgiving. Yay! And I am not dead or incredibly sick, thats a really good thing. I have never had GREAT Thanksgivings. Starting from my freshman year in college when I contemplated running away from home [long story, don't ask] and my grandmother got us into a really bad car accident on the way home. The upside is that I usually got to spend time with my two best friends from High School. Now I don't want to dwell on this but here are the highlights:

  • No matter how much I have complained about the Red Line, I have never actully dealt with a fire. Like there was a the Dun Loring station while I was trying to get to where my father was parked. Ominous start to a holiday.
  • My grandmother may or may not have been trying to assignate me the entire time. Including a breakfast of "eggs" that were 90% runny and Orange Juice served in a tumbler with a giant shard of glass missing.
  • My father's car no long goes in reverse. When he wants to go backwards he puts the car in neutral opens the door and pushes with his foot. I don't know if this is White-Trash-arriffic or a classic kitschy homage to the Flintstones
  • I am allergic to my grandmother or at least my grandmother's house. I mean that literally I spent the entire time with a horrid allergy attack.
My god I never knew how much i LOVED riding the Metro, until I got on at Vienna and had a peaceful ride home to the Beloved Red Line [hey i am back home, i have to be a little ironic]

No comments: