My family is finally getting around to going through my deceased Grandparents photo collection. This has translated into my family passing around 5 boxes of slides and prints for the past couple of months. The photos are now in the possession of my mother. Last night we went through the box of prints - which ended with me inheriting a couple hundred (ok maybe 100?) photos. My favorite type of pictures are my Grandma looking at the camera with the face that says, "For God's Sake Frank, Take the DAMN Picture already!" They are incredibly amusing. But the best is a picture taken from the outside of a French train, with my Grandma and some other people in the train. My Grandma's face says, "For Goodness Sake Frank, If you miss this train and end up in Prague because you were taking A DAMN Picture, I am not going to come and find You!!" Classic!
I also found a couple of beautiful pictures of my mother and I that I had never seen before. Which is a nice surprise.
A Couple of thoughts:
1) I was a REALLY cute kid, what the hell happened?
2) Purge all horrible pictures of yourself when you have the chance (see I was kind and did not save horrible pictures of my mother)
3) I love seeing pictures of Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents when they are young!
But then a Thought on recent set of pictures. Note to all: sheer fabrics, which are translucent in real life, can often become mostly transparent under flash photography. Be warned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment