Friday, September 21, 2007

Oh Tennessee

So it turns out the teacher who assaulted a student was one that I had for some social studies class that I don't really remember. This "teacher" also taught a class called "The War Between The States" apparently even a Tennessee school wouldn't let him call the class "The War of Northern Aggression" [for all of you uninformed northerners, these all refer the Civil War] which is what he referred to the conflict as in class. Lovely Man.

If you cant guess we did not get along. Beyond his being the sponser of the Reenactment Club [yes there was a club dedicated to Civil War Reenactments at my High School] and the "Don't Tread On Me" flag and other battle flags hung around his classroom, he thought I was a Yankee Traitor. Yes despite having ancestors who signed the Constitution from South Carolina, and being related to one of the WORST senators from South Carolina, having family all over Tennessee, Louisiana, South Carolina, and Georgia [this is only the Southern Branch of my family]; despite all of this because I was born in Pennsylvania and was Catholic, I was a Yankee Traitor. Lovely Man.

I am still suprised, and disappointed, but no longer shocked.

No comments: