I'm an Aunt, I'm an Aunt, I'm AN AUNT!!
Sorry, really excited.
Actually I am not Sorry.
I am an aunt of a very beautiful little girl named Victoria!!
So, In honor of my niece I present you a story of myself from my childhood.
I was three and we had just moved to Tennessee a few months earlier. So my mother took me to Mass so we could become part of the community.
Now Mass isn't that interesting if you are 3, and I was fussy. So I got THE LOOK, from my mother, no response. I got the hand on my shoulder, no response. I got the hand on my knee, nothing. Now Mass was progressing and the Eucharistic prayer was about to begin so my mom decided to take me outside to calm down. So she picked me up and I suddenly began to get worried. So I screamed:
"Somebody HELP ME, she is going to BEAT ME!!!"
She scurries down the aisle embarrassed as the entire congregation and the disapproving priest stared after her.
Outside, she put me down and I began to play on the retaining wall. My mother looks over her shoulder and sees through diamond windows of the church two Knights of Columbus peering after her to assure that I was not, in fact, being beaten. She slumped down on the stairs, looked warily at me [platinum blond, curly hair, apparently cute] and asked "Why did you say that? I was not going to hit you?"
In my froggy voice [that apparently sounded like I had been smoking for twenty years] I looked up innocently and said:
"But I did not want to go outside."
......
Lets hope Victoria will never cause THAT kind of trouble for her parents. But Welcome To The World Baby Girl!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment